- 1/2 cauliflower.
- 1 oz light Philadelphia cream cheese.
- 1 fresh jalapeno, diced.
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder.
- 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs.
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger.
- Black pepper.
- 3 medium – large red bell peppers.
Per stuffed pepper: 82kcal; 5g protein, 15g carbohydrates, 1g fat.
- Chop up the cauliflower into florets. In a food processor, pulse until the cauliflower has a rice-like consistency.
- In a large pan, add the cauliflower and shallow fry over a medium heat. Add the herbs, ginger, black pepper and garlic powder. Pour in enough boiling water so the cauliflower is covered and there is about 1cm extra liquid on top.
- Bring the cauliflower to the boil and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
- Stir in the Philadelphia and diced jalapeno and cook until all the liquid has been absorbed.
- Meanwhile, preheat your oven to 350°f and chop the tops off the bell peppers.
- Cook the peppers in a microwave on the vegetable setting/high for about 3 minutes. The skins should be ‘sagging’ slightly.
- In an ovenproof dish, stand up the peppers and fill the peppers with the cauli-risotto mixture.
- Add the tops of the peppers back on and cook in the oven for 20 minutes.
These make a great side for any meat dish. I am serving mine with deconstructed tacos this week.