You can substitute Albacore tuna for any other tuna, I just love the thick, flaky pieces as well as the flavour, of Albacore tuna. The soy sauce adds a touch of oriental flavour to the meal, but can be omitted if you are watching your sodium intake.
- 2 4oz cans Albacore tuna, drained.
- 2 medium zucchini, grated.
- 1 medium egg.
- 2 egg whites.
- 2 spring onions.
- Black pepper.
- 2 tbsp soy sauce.
Per portion: 163kcal; 27.6g protein, 3g fat, 3g carbs.
- Finely grate the zucchini, chop the spring onion and drain the tuna.
- Add the tuna, zucchini, egg and whites to a bowl.
- Add in a few twists of black pepper and 2 tbsp soy sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients and add to a large non-stick pan. Cook over a medium heat until the edges start to crisp.
- Meanwhile, set the ‘grill/broil’ setting on your oven to high. When the frittata is starting to crisp on the hob/oven top, transfer the pan to the oven and grill for about 5 minutes, until the top starts to brown.
- Serve immediately, or cut up and box in tupperware! 🐟🐠