I absolutely love vegetables, I love the sweet, fresh, crunchiness of almost all veg! So, usually, I don’t crave many ‘unhealthy’ savoury items. Pizza is a bit of an exception. I have tried ready meal ‘healthy’ pizzas and they just taste terrible. This recipe however is light, tasty and satisfied my pizza craving. It definitely doesn’t have the same greasy after taste, which can be satisfying, but it is completely guilt free and is so adaptable!
Ingredients (for the basic recipe)
- 125ml egg whites.
- 150g grated cauliflower.
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning (mixed herbs would work well too).
- 2 beef tomatoes.
- 1 tbsp Ms. Dash Chipotle seasoning (any spicy tomato based seasoning would work well too).
- 1oz fat free cheddar cheese.
- Black pepper/salt to taste.
- 1 tsp Franks Red hot sauce.
258kcal; 42g protein, 17g carbs, 0.6g fat
- Heat a large non-stick pan (ensure pan has a metal handle/the handle is oven proof and won’t melt!) over a medium-high heat. Pour in the cauliflower and the Italian seasoning and cook for approximately 3-4 minutes. You want to have a dry mixture at this point.
- Chop up the beef tomatoes into chunks and add to the rice mixture, cooking until the tomatoes and rice combine.
- Add the chipotle seasoning, salt, pepper and hot sauce (seasoning to taste).
- Pour in the egg whites and cook for 4 – 5 minutes, until the edges of the egg whites turn solid white.
- Meanwhile, set grill setting on oven to ‘high’. Once the egg whites are white around the edge of the pan, take the pan off the heat and transfer to the oven. (This would be a good time to add toppings). Cook for approximately 5 minutes (or until the top starts to brown).
- Add the grated cheese and cook until melted.
- Serve with salad and a generous dollop of Heinz reduced salt/sugar ketchup.
*Topping suggestions. Why not try garlic mushrooms and red onion? Or paprika spiced kale? Or tuna and sweetcorn? Or pulled barbecue chicken? The possibilities are endless!