This Moroccan inspired salad is perfect for those spring/summer evenings, it tastes like summer in a bowl! It has a delicious balance of sweet and savoury and although is best served with melted cheese and piping hot chicken, it can easily be made in bulk for tupperware lunches (although the beetroot will probably stain the plastic!)
- 2 cups fresh arugula/rocket.
- 1 tbsp cider vinegar.
- 4oz boneless, skinless chicken breast.
- 1 tsp ground cumin.
- 5g fresh mint, chopped.
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper.
- 1 tbsp fresh lime juice.
- 75g raw beetroot.
- 1/2 oz goat’s cheese.
- 1/2oz shelled pistachios.
- 1 lemon plum (these are delicious, but not readily available. A fresh apricot would be a great alternative).
370kcal; 35g protein; 25g carbs; 11.5g fat
- Preheat your oven to 400°f.
- Peel and chop the beetroot into cubes and bake in the oven for 30 minutes, until the beetroot is soft. (You can season with oil and salt/pepper if you like, I chose not to). Remove from the oven and set to one side.
- Meanwhile, cut the chicken breast into cubes and marinade with the cumin, mint, black pepper and lime juice. Ensure all the chicken is covered.
- Heat a medium non-stick pan and cook the chicken until it is tender and cooked through.
- Set your grill setting to ‘high’ and chop your plum/apricot into half, removing the stone. Grill for 5 minutes. Top the plum halves with goat’s cheese and a couple of the pistachios and grill until the cheese melts.
- In your serving bowl, pour in the fresh arugula and drizzle the cider vinegar on top.
- Top the salad base with the beetroot, chicken, grilled plums and the remainder of the pistachios.
- Enjoy this aromatic, flavourful and nutrient packed salad!