This smoothie is both refreshing and filling, and is easy to prepare ahead of time or to drink fresh on a weekend morning. It can also be used as a pre/post workout drink as it has a good balance of both fast and slow acting carbohydrates, fats and protein. The blueberries also mean it is packed with antioxidants.
- 1 handful of spinach
- 1/4 cup old fashioned oats
- 50g frozen blueberries
- 1/2oz cacao powder
- 5 mint leaves
- 1/2 tsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut milk
- cold water
- 1/2 scoop double fudge brownie Dymatize whey isolate (you can substitute this for other chocolate flavours, though this creates a decadent fudge taste)
194kcal; 16g protein, 21g carbs, 6g fat
- In a nutribullet/blender, add the spinach, oats, blueberries, cacao powder, mint, coconut oil, coconut milk and protein powder.
- Top up the remainder of the blender (up to the max line) with cold water.
- Blend for 1 – 2 minutes until thick and all ingredients are combined.