Chocolate mousse was forever one of the desserts I pestered my Mum to both make from scratch and buy at the supermarket. I have always had a sweet tooth and been particularly fond of chocolate so have experimented to create a completely guilt free version. This is a lot denser than traditional chocolate mousse, almost having the consistency of ganache. It is totally delicious, not overly sweet and great paired with fresh fruit and berries.
- 1 large ripe avocado.
- 2 scoops double fudge brownie Dymatize whey isolate.
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean paste.
- 1 packet of stevia.
- 2 tbsp cacao powder.
- 1 pinch of sea salt.
(Per serving – serves 2): 220kcal; 27g protein, 12g carbs, 15g fat
- Peel and scoop out the avocado into a large mixing bowl.
- With an electric whisk, whisk the avocado until smooth. Add in the protein powder, vanilla bean paste, stevia, cacao powder and sea salt and continue whisking. You can increase the speed of the whisking as the mixture begins to combine. (Note, it will turn really thick immediately, don’t be tempted to add any liquid, it will ‘thin’ out).
- Spoon into two serving dishes and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Top with berries, cream, or devour on its own!