Like every girl, actually scrap that, like every human on Instagram, I follow Paige Hathaway for inspiration, drooling and general appreciation. She posts some really great recipes, one of which inspired these meatloaf muffins. These are super simple, very macro friendly and are so easy to take with you anywhere!
- 1 lb lean ground turkey (I used 99% fat free Trader Joes mince)
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/2 red bell pepper
- 5 celery stalks
- 5 tbsp egg whites
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp yellow mustard seeds
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 tsp Italian herbs
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
(Per muffin, recipe makes 12 muffins): 60kcal; 11g protein, 3g carbs, 0.5g fat
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and line a muffin pan with 12 baking cases.
- In a nutribullet/blender, add the oats, pepper, celery and egg whites and blend until the mixture has the consistency of hummus.
- In a large bowl, add the Nutribullet mixture, ground turkey, cumin, mustard seeds, paprika, pepper, salt, herbs, garlic powder and ginger.
- Combine well with your hands and roll into balls (if the mixture is too wet to form ‘complete’ balls, then use a large spoon to pour into the muffin cases).
- Bake for 40 minutes until cooked through and the top of the muffins are golden brown.
- Can be served hot immediately or allowed to cool on a wire rack and then served with a whole host of side dishes!