I typically prefer chicken to turkey because I prefer the milder flavor of chicken, but I decided to change it up a bit and capitalize on the stronger flavor with a strong seasoning too. This is super simple to make, keeps the turkey breast moist and can be served with a multitude of veggies and other carb sources. It would make a great alternative to a family roast, and, best of all, is super easy to clean up!
Macros per portion (based on 7 servings): 105kcal; 23.5g protein, 0.3g carbs, 0.5g fat
1.5lbs skinless and boneless turkey breasts
3 tbsp Walden Farms pancake syrup
2 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp smoked paprika
1 tsp dried Italian herbs
Pinch of black pepper
2 tsp water
- In a small bowl, measure out the pancake syrup, cumin, paprika, herbs, black pepper and water. Stir thoroughly.
- Line a medium baking pan with foil and add the turkey breasts.
- With a large spoon, cover the turkey breasts with half of the marinade, turning the breasts to ensure both sides are covered. Leave to marinade for approximately 20 minutes.
- Preheat your oven to 450f.
- Cover the breasts with the remainder of the marinade and then cover with foil.
- Place in the center of your preheated oven and cook for 25 minutes, ensuring the breasts are cooked thoroughly through. By covering the turkey with foil, you will help to keep the breasts moist and also ensure the marinade stays on the turkey.
- Leave to rest for 5 minutes. Slice and serve! I have teamed mine with pearled Fargo, pan fried zucchini discs and raw sugar snap peas. This would work really well with a host of roasted veggies and potatoes!