If you don’t like carrot cake, then, well…. who doesn’t like carrot cake?! Definitely my favorite cake due to the moist sponge, abundance of spices and textures and not let’s not forget the cream cheese frosting! Although this recipe doesn’t replicate the frosting aspect of carrot cake, it does contain the flavours and is easy to whip up at any time of the day! I drink more smoothies on the weekend, but smoothies are the perfect grab and go breakfast and this will definitely satisfy any sweet tooth!
Macros: 234kcal; 33g protein, 18g carbs, 3g fat
- 3/4 scoop vanilla whey (I used Dymatize vanilla whey isolate)
- 1/2 scoop cinnamon/snickerdoodle whey (I used PeScience snickerdoodle whey blend)
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp ground cloves
- 1/4 tsp ground ginger
- 150ml unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 200ml carrot juice (I have tried this recipe with shredded carrots and it will result in you almost having to bite through your smoothie)
- Handful of ice
- (Optional: 15g raisins. This will make it sweeter and have a slightly thicker texture and will add approximately 45kcal and 12g carbs to your smoothie)
- Add a few cubes of ice to a Nutribullet/blender. (I always do this first to avoid splashing the other ingredients everywhere!)
- Measure out the almond milk and carrot juice into the blender.
- Add the dry ingredients.
- Top up to the line on your blender with water.
- Blend until smooth.