With summer in full fledge, what better way to celebrate than with a siesta and a fiesta of flavour? This warming stew can easily feed the whole family or provide lunches/dinners for the week too. I paired mine with sweet potato topped with cinnamon and smoked paprika as a post workout meal, but would also work well with rice or chopped, panfried chorizo for a lower carb, higher fat alternative.
Nutritional Information per portion; 302kcal, 32g protein, 32.7g carbs, 3g fat
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp smoked paprika
- 2 tsp fresh, chopped rosemary
- 2 large zucchinis/courgettes, sliced
- 5 large handfuls of kale
- 1 can of butterbeans, drained
- 16oz chicken breast, sliced
- 1 can of Trader Joes fire roasted chopped tomatoes (other brands are fine, but I would suggest adding a tsp of chopped chilli/lazy chilli if using plain chopped tomatoes)
- 1/2 can of water (use the tomato can)
- In a large non-stick pan, add the onion, garlic, half of the paprika and rosemary. Cook for about 5 minutes, over a medium heat, until the onion is soft. Add the chicken and cook until the chicken is sealed.
- Add the other tbsp of paprika and ensure the chicken is fully coated. Add the zucchini and kale and cook for approximately 10 minutes, or until the courgettes/zucchini has softened and the kale has wilted.
- Add in the butterbeans, tomatoes and water and simmer the stew until it has ‘knitted together’ and the sauce is nice and thick.
- Serve immediately and enjoy your Spanish taste of summer!